HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425dn - CF286A
A Web-connected MFP for office productivity. Print from virtually anywhere, using HP ePrint, and share resources with Ethernet networking. Streamline workflow with access to business apps. Save time with automatic two-sided scanning and copying.
Business users who need high-quality documents from a web-connected MFP, and who want to print from mobile devices.
Increase productivity—even on the go.
HP ePrint—now you can print from virtually anywhere.
Scan documents directly to email or a network folder—even scan two-sided pages quickly and easily.
Easily share printing resources with an Ethernet-connected MFP.
Save time and do more, using a 50-page automatic document feeder with two-sided scan and copy capabilities.
With AirPrint™ you can print wirelessly from your iPad®, iPhone®, and iPod touch®.
Easily manage print jobs and access business apps.
Use business apps and a color touchscreen to access and print from the web or scan to online storage sites.
Plug and print in as fast as five minutes—there's no CD required with HP Smart Install.
Use the easy-access USB port to print from—and save scans to—a flash drive.
Easily control your print environment and deploy updates using market-leading management tools.
Produce high-quality documents time after time.
Print high-quality documents with bold text and sharp images, using Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges.
Stay productive with HP reliability—this MFP has a recommended monthly page volume of up to 3000 pages.
Save time with Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges that are reliable and easy to install.
Print more affordably, using an optional high-capacity Original HP LaserJet black toner cartridge.
Reduce your environmental impact.
Reduce paper use by up to 50% with automatic two-sided printing.
Easily recycle Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges through HP Planet Partners.
This MFP's compact size is designed to use less space and create less packaging waste.
- Functions: Print, copy, scan, fax, walk-up USB
- Print speed black: Normal: Up to 35 ppm
- First page out (ready): Black: As fast as 8 sec
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4): Up to 50,000 pages
- Recommended monthly page volume: 750 to 3000
- Print technology: Laser
- Print quality black (best): Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Print languages
- HP PCL 5
- HP PCL 6
- HP postscript level 3 emulation
- direct PDF (v 1.7) printing
- Display: 3.5" (8.89 cm) touchscreen control panel, CGD (Color Graphic Display)
- Processor speed: 800 MHz
- Automatic paper sensor: No
- HP ePrint capability: Yes
- Mobile printing capability: HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™, Business Applications
- Wireless capability: No
- Connectivity, standard
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- 1 Host USB
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000T
- 1 Walk-up USB
- 1 RJ -11 (Fax)
- 1 RJ-11 (Phone only)
- Network ready: Standard (built-in Gigabit Ethernet)
- Minimum system requirements
- Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit): 1 GHz (32-bit) (x86) or (64-bit) (x64) processor, 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 400 MB hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port
- Windows XP (32-bit) (SP2): Pentium® 233 MHz processor, 512 MB RAM, 400 MB hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port
- Mac OS X v 10.5, v 10.6, v 10.7
- PowerPC G4, G5, or Intel® Core™ Processor
- 500 MB hard disk
- CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet
- USB or Network
- Compatible operating systems
- Full software installs supported on: Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit) (SP2 or higher)
Driver only installs supported on: Windows Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Server 2003 (32-bit) (SP3 or higher)
Mac OS X v 10.5, v 10.6, v 10.7
Linpus Linux: 9.4, 9.5, Red Hat Enterprise Linux: 5.0, 6.0, OpenSuSE: 11.3, 11.4, Fedora: 14, 15, Ubuntu: 10.04, 10.10, 11.04, Debian: 5.0, 6.0 and HPUX11i
- Paper handling input, standardl: 50-sheet multipurpose tray 1, 250-sheet input tray 2, automatic duplexer for two-sided printing
- Paper handling output, standard: 150-sheet output bin
- Maximum output capacity (sheets): Up to 150 sheets
- Duplex printing: Automatic (standard)
- Finished output handling: Sheetfed
- Media sizes supported: Letter, legal, executive, 8.5 x 13 in
- Media sizes, custom: Multipurpose tray: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; tray 2 and optional 500-sheet tray 3: 4.1 x 5.8 to 8.5 x 14 in
- Media sizes, custom: Multipurpose tray: 76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm; tray 2 and optional 500-sheet tray 3: 105 x 148 to 216 x 356 mm
- Media types: Paper (plain, Green mode, light, heavy, bond, color, letterhead, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough); envelopes; labels; transparencies, cardstock
- Media weight, supported: Tray 1: 16 to 43 lb (straight through paper path for special media); tray 2, optional 500-sheet tray 3: 16 to 32 lb
- Scanner type: Flatbed, ADF
- Scan file format: PDF, searchable PDF, JPG, RTF, TXT, BMP, PNG, TIFF (scan to USB device and scan from the front panel to a network folder both only support JPG and PDF)
- Scan resolution, optical: Up to 1200 dpi (color and mono, flatbed); Up to 300 dpi (color and mono, ADF)
- Scan size (flatbed), maximum: 216 x 297 mm
- Scan size (ADF), maximum: 216 x 381 mm
- Scan size (ADF), minimum: 102 x 127 mm
- Scan speed (normal, A4): Up to 20 ppm (b&w), up to 9 ppm (color)
- Duplex ADF scanning: Yes, dual head scanner for two-sided document scanning in a single pass through ADF
- Automatic document feeder capacity: Standard, 50 sheets
- Digital sending standard features
- Scan direct to email
- scan to network folder
- or scan to Cloud
- File formats, supported: Scan to USB device and scan from the front panel to a network folder both only support: JPG, PDF
- Scan input modes
- Front control panel Scan, Copy or Fax buttons, From PC: Solution Center Lite (Windows Vista®, Windows® XP) or Device Stage (Windows® 7)
- TWAIN-compliant or WIA-compliant software
- Copy speed (normal): Black: Up to 35 ppm
- Copy resolution (black text): Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Copy reduce / enlarge settings: 25 to 400%
- Copies, maximum: Up to 99 copies
- Fax transmission speed: 3 sec per page
- Fax memory: Up to 300 pages
- Fax resolution: Up to 300 x 300 dpi (halftone enabled)
- Speed dials, maximum number: Up to 120 numbers (119 group dials)
- Broadcast locations: 119
Dimensions and Weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H): 17.32 x 15.07 x 16.67 in
- Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H): 17.32 x 24.94 x 26 in (multipurpose tray and foldup cover extended; tray 2 extended to legal-size; ADF fully open)
- Weight: 33.3 lb
- Package weight: 19.6 kg
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 17.32 x 15.07 x 16.67 in
- Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 17.32 x 24.94 x 26 in (multipurpose tray and foldup cover extended; tray 2 extended to legal-size; ADF fully open)
- 33.3 lb
- Package weight
- 19.6 kg