HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 MFP M525f - CF117A
Manage documents and tasks with ease on the 8-inch color touchscreen. Use Quick Sets to launch one-touch workflows. Preview, edit, and zoom images prior to scanning. Centrally manage your environment. Protect sensitive business information.
Improving productivity and streamlining workflows with enterprise-class manageability and security features—via an intuitive, desktop MFP.
Productive, easy-to-use desktop MFP.
Manage jobs directly at the MFP, using the 8-inch HP Easy Select color touchscreen.
Get exceptional value from using an optional, high-capacity Original HP LaserJet black toner cartridge.
Boost productivity—get up to 1600-sheet paper capacity, and print, copy, and scan at impressive speeds.
Print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint. Save and print files directly via an easy-access USB port.
Streamlined workflows and robust scanning features
Streamline business tasks—HP Quick Sets on the large touchscreen enable one-touch workflows.
Improve workflow by using touchscreen controls to preview, edit, and digitally send documents at the device.
Easily send to fax, email, or a network folder to incorporate paper documents into digital workflows.
Automatically remove blank pages in scanned documents to avoid wasted paper.
Top-flight manageability and security features
Rely on world-class solutions for deploying, managing, and safeguarding your printing fleet.
Help increase security and protect business information across your imaging and printing environment.
Protect documents with PIN printing capabilities, and add security solutions through the hardware integration pocket.
Extend the capabilities of work-team print environments, using a rich array of easy-to-integrate solutions.
Outstanding energy- and paper-saving features
Reduce energy use with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology, and conserve power with Instant-on Technology.
Conserve resources and save paper—use automatic two-sided printing and PIN printing.
Easily recycle Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges through HP Planet Partners.
- Print, copy, scan, fax, digital send, easy access USB drive, (optional advanced digital send, wireless)
- Print speed black: Normal: Up to 42 ppm
- First page out (ready): Black: As fast as 8.5 sec
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4): Up to 75,000 pages
- Recommended monthly page volume: 2000 to 6000
- Print technology: Laser
- Print quality black (best): Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Print languages
- HP PCL 6
- HP PCL 5 (HP PCL 5 driver available from the Web only)
- HP Postscript Level 3 emulation
- native PDF printing (v 1.4)
- Display: 8.0" (20.3 cm) touchscreen, SVGA LCD (color graphics)
- Processor speed: 800 MHz
- Automatic paper sensor: No
- Paper handling input, standard: 100-sheet multipurpose tray, 500-sheet input tray 2, 50-sheet automatic document feeder
- Paper handling output, standard: 250-sheet output bin, 100-sheet rear output bin, convenience stapler
- Maximum output capacity (sheets)
- Up to 250 sheets
- Duplex printing: Automatic (standard)
- Finished output handling: Sheetfed
- Media sizes supported
- Tray 1: Letter, legal, statement, executive, oficio, 3 x 5 in, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 7 in, 5 x 8 in, envelopes (No. 9, No. 10, Monarch)
- Tray 2, optional 500-sheet tray (3, 4): letter, legal, statement, executive, oficio, 5 x 7, 5 x 8
- Media sizes, custom: Tray 1: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; tray 2, optional 500-sheet tray (3, 4): 4.1 x 5.8 to 8.5 x 14 in
- Media sizes, custom: Tray 1: 76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm; tray 2, optional 500-sheet tray (3, 4): 105 x 148 to 216 x 356 mm
- Media types: Paper (bond, color, letterhead, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough); envelopes, labels, cardstock, transparencies, user-defined
- Media weight, supported: Tray 1: 14 to 53 lb (straight-through paper path for special media and heavier stock); tray 2, optional 500-sheet tray (3, 4): 14 to 32 lb
- Scanner type: Flatbed, ADF
- Scan file format: PDF, JPEG, TIFF, MTIFF, XPS, PDF/A
- Scan resolution, optical: Up to 600 dpi
- Scan size (flatbed), maximum: 216 x 356 mm
- Scan size (ADF), maximum: 216 x 356 mm
- Scan size (ADF), minimum: 68 x 148 mm
- Scan speed (normal, A4): Up to 42 ppm (b&w), up to 32 ppm (color)
- Duplex ADF scanning: Yes, reversing ADF
- Automatic document feeder capacity: Standard 50, sheets
- Digital sending standard features: Scan to E-mail; Save-to-Network Folder; Save-to-USB drive; Send to FTP; Send to LAN Fax; Send to Internet Fax; Local Address Book; SMTP over SSL
- File formats, supported
- Digital Send: PDF, JPEG, TIFF, MTIFF, XPS, PDF/A
- Scan to easy access USB: PDF, JPEG, TIFF, MTIFF, XPS, PDF/A
- Print from easy access USB: PDF, PS, Print Ready files (.prn, .pcl, .cht)
- Scan input modes: Front panel applications: Copy, E-mail, Fax, Save to Network Folder, Save to USB, Save to Device Memory, Open Extensibility Platform (OXP) applications
- Copy speed (normal): Black: Up to 42 cpm
- Copy resolution (black text): Up to 600 x 600 dpi (flatbed), 300 x 600 dpi (ADF)
- Copy reduce / enlarge settings: 25 to 400%
- Copies, maximum: Up to 9999 copies
- Fax transmission speed: 3 sec per page
- Fax resolution: Up to 300 x 300 dpi (400 x 400 dpi for received faxes only)
- Speed dials, maximum number: Up to 100 numbers (each with 100 destinations)
- Broadcast locations: 100
Dimensions and Weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H): 20.3 x 21.6 x 22.7 in
- Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H): 20.3 x 28.2 x 22.7 in
- Weight: 65.8 lb (Without cartridge)
- Package weight: 36 kg