HP Color Laserjet Pro 400 MFP M475dw - CE864A
Boost productivity and gain efficiency: easily print, scan directly to email, copy and fax with a web-connected, colour laser MFP. Produce professional-quality, two-sided colour documents in-house and print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint.
Ideal for small to medium-size business work teams who need professional-quality colour for producing marketing materials in-house, networking, multifunction capability and mobile printing options.
Versatile investment, professional color
Achieve bold text and smooth color with HP ImageREt 3600 and Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges.
Produce color marketing materials in-house on a range of media sizes and use tips and templates from HP.
Print black text affordably—at the same cost per page as a black-and-white HP LaserJet printer.
Networked multifunction capability
Boost productivity and save time with print speeds up to 21 ppm letter.
Print on wireless or Ethernet networks. Plus print from—and save to—flash drives.
Easily manage paper use with automatic two-sided printing.
Install in only a few minutes—there's no CD required with HP Smart Install.
Web-connected efficiency and expandability
Use business apps and the 3.5-inch color touchscreen to access and print information from the web.
Convert hard copies to digital files quickly and easily—scan straight to a USB, e-mail, or network folder.
Print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint.
Now with AirPrint™. Simply print wirelessly from your iPad®, iPhone®, and iPod touch®.
Proactively manage office printing with HP Web Jetadmin.
Optimized energy savings
Reduce energy use with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology. Also save with Instant-on Technology.
Conserve resources and save paper, using automatic two-sided printing—get up to 50% paper-savings.
Get centralized, easy access to custom, energy-saving options and printer settings with HP EcoSMART Console.
Take advantage of free, easy recycling—cartridges returned through HP Planet Partners are recycled responsibly.
- Print speed black: Normal: Up to 21 ppm
- Print speed color: Normal:Up to 21 ppm, Up to 40,000 pages
- Recommended monthly page volume: 1000 to 2500
- Print technology: Laser
- Print quality black (best): Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Print quality color (best): Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Display: 3.5" (8.89 cm) touchscreen, LCD (color graphics)
- Processor speed: 600 MHz
- Automatic paper sensor: No
- HP ePrint capability: Yes
- Mobile printing capability: HP ePrint, HP wireless direct printing, Apple AirPrint™, Business Applications
- Wireless capability: Yes, built-in WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Connectivity, standard
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port
- 1 Host USB port (front-panel)
- 1 Fast Ethernet 10/100Base-TX network port
- 1 WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- 1 RJ -11 (Fax)
- 1 RJ-11 (Phone only)
- Network ready: Standard (built-in Fast Ethernet, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n)
- Minimum system requirements
- Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit): 1 GHz (32-bit) (x86) or (64-bit) (x64) processor, 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 400 MB free hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port
- Windows XP (32-bit) (SP2): Pentium® 233 MHz processor, 512 MB RAM 400 MB free hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port
- Mac OSX v 10.5, v 10.6
- PowerPC G4, G5, or Intel® Core™ Processor
- 500 MB hard disk
- CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet
- USB or Network port
- Compatible operating systems
- Full software installs supported on: Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit) (SP2 or higher)
Driver only installs supported on: Windows Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Server 2003 (32-bit) (SP3 or higher)
Mac OS X v 10.5, v 10.6
Linpus Linux (9.4, 9.5), Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0 (supported with a pre-built package), SUSE Linux (10.3, 11.0, 11, 11.1, 11.2), Fedora (9, 9.0, 10, 10.0, 11.0, 11, 12, 12.0), Ubuntu (8.04, 8.04.1, 8.04.2, 8.10, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04), Debian (5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3) (supported by the automatic installer)
HPUX 11 and Solaris 8/9
(For Windows Server 2003 32-bit and 2008 32-bit and 64-bit only the printer driver and scanner driver are installed.)
- Paper handling input, standard: 50-sheet multipurpose tray, 250-sheet input tray 2
- Paper handling output, standard: 150-sheet output bin
- Maximum output capacity (sheets): Up to 150 sheets
- Duplex printing: Automatic (standard)
- Finished output handling: Sheetfed
- Media sizes supported
- Tray 1: Letter, legal, executive, 8.5 x 13 in, 3 x 5 in, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 8 in, envelopes (No 10, Monarch)
- Tray 2, optional Tray 3: Letter, legal, executive, 8.5 x 13 in, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 8 in, envelopes (No 10, Monarch)
- Automatic duplexer: Letter, legal, executive, 8.5 x 13 in
- Media sizes, custom: Tray 1: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; Tray 2, optional Tray 3: 3.94 x 5.83 to 8.5 x 14 in
- Media sizes, custom: Tray 1: 76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm; Tray 2, optional Tray 3: 100 x 148 to 216 x 356 mm
- Media types: Paper (bond, brochure, colored, glossy, letterhead, photo, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough), postcards, transparencies, labels, envelopes
- Media weight, supported: Tray 1: 16 to 47 lb (up to 58 lb with HP Color laser glossy photo papers); Tray 2, optional Tray 3: 16 to 43 lb (up to 47 lb with postcards, up to 58 lb with HP Color laser glossy photo papers); Automatic duplexer: 16 to 43 lb
- Scanner type: Flatbed, ADF
- Scan file format: PDF, searchable PDF, JPG, RTF, TXT, BMP, PNG, TIFF
- Scan resolution, optical: Up to 300 dpi (color and mono, ADF); Up to 600 dpi (color, flatbed); Up to 1200 dpi (mono, flatbed)
- Scan size (flatbed), maximum: 216 x 297 mm
- Scan size (ADF), maximum: 216 x 356 mm
- Scan size (ADF), minimum: 127 x 127 mm
- Scan speed (normal, A4): Up to 11.5 ipm (b&w), up to 4.5 ipm (color)
- Duplex ADF scanning: Yes
- Automatic document feeder capacity: Standard, 50 sheets
- Scan input modes
- From PC: Solution Center Lite (Windows Vista®, Windows® XP) or Device Stage (Windows® 7)
- TWAIN-compliant or WIA-compliant software
- Copy speed (normal): Black: Up to 21 cpm Color: Up to 21 cpm
- Copy resolution (black text): Up to 300 x 300 dpi
- Copy resolution (color text and graphics): Up to 300 x 300 dpi
- Copy reduce / enlarge settings: 25 to 400%
- Copies, maximum: Up to 99 copies
- Faxing: Yes
- Fax transmission speed: 3 sec per page
- Fax memory: Up to 250 pages
- Fax resolution: Up to 300 x 300 dpi
- Speed dials, maximum number: Up to 120 numbers
- Broadcast locations: 120
Dimension and Weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H): 16.5 x 19.0 x 19.7 in
- Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H): 16.5 x 27.3 x 19.7 in (Without trays and covers extended)
- Weight: 65 lb (With toner cartridges)
- Package weight: 35 kg