HP Color Laserjet Pro 400 M451nw Printer - CE956A
Produce professional-quality color documents with ease and fast speed. Easily integrate into your office or wireless home network. HP features help you save energy and print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint.
Printing professional-quality color documents with an easy-to-use, low-cost networked printer.
Professional-grade speed and color
Boost productivity and save time with print speeds up to 21 ppm letter.
Produce bold text and smooth color with HP ImageREt 3600 and Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges.
Produce color marketing materials in-house on a range of media sizes by using tips and templates from HP.
Print documents affordably. Get the same black cost per page as a black-and-white HP LaserJet printer.
Manageability, productivity, and mobility
Proactively manage office printing with HP Web Jetadmin.
Print from anywhere in the office, using built-in wireless connectivity. Share printing resources, using built-in Ethernet.
Print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint.
Easy-to-use and resource-conserving
Reduce energy use with Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology. Also save with Instant-on Technology.
Start right away with HP Smart Install. Use HP Auto Wireless Connect to autoconfigure networking.
Receive consistent results with Original HP cartridges and easily reorder with HP SureSupply.
Take advantage of free, easy recycling—cartridges returned through HP Planet Partners are recycled responsibly.
- Print speed black: Normal: Up to 21 ppm(Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents.
- Print quality black (best): Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Print quality color (best): Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4): Up to 40,000 pages(Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.)
- Recommended monthly page volume: 750 to 2000 (HP recommends that the number of printed pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.)
- Print technology: Laser
- Processor speed: 600 MHz
- Print languages: HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5c, HP postscript level 3 emulation
- Display: 2-line LCD (text)
- HP ePrint capability: Yes
- Mobile printing capability: HP ePrint, Wireless direct printing, Apple AirPrint™
- Wireless capability
- Yes, built-in WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Connectivity, standard
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port
- 1 Fast Ethernet 10/100Base-TX network port
- 1 WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Network ready: Standard (built-in Fast Ethernet, WiFi 802.11b/g/n)
- Minimum system requirements
- Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit): 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 400 MB hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port
- Windows XP (32-bit) (SP2): Pentium® 233 MHz processor, 512 MB RAM, 400 MB hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port
- Mac OSX v 10.5, v 10.6
- PowerPC G4, G5, or Intel® Core™ Processor
- 500 MB hard disk
- CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet
- USB or Network port
- Compatible operating systems: Full software installs supported on: Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit) (SP2 or higher) Driver only installs supported on: Windows Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Server 2003 (32-bit) (SP3 or higher) Mac OS X v 10.5, v 10.6, v 10.7 Linpus Linux (9.4, 9.5), Red Hat Enterprise Linux (5.0, 6.0), OpenSUSE Linux (11.3, 11.4), Fedora (14, 15), Ubuntu (10.04, 10.10, 11.04), Debian (5.0, 6.0 and HPUX11i)
- Paper handling input, standard
- 50-sheet multipurpose tray
- 250-sheet input tray 2
- Paper handling output, standard: 150-sheet output bin
- Output capacity: Up to 150 sheets
- Duplex printing: Manual (driver support provided)
- Media sizes supported: Tray 1: Letter, legal, executive, 8.5 x 13 in, 3 x 5 in, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 8 in, envelopes (No 10, Monarch); Tray 2, optional Tray 3: Letter, legal, executive, 8.5 x 13 in, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 8 in, envelopes (No 10, Monarch)
- Media sizes, custom: Tray 1: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; Tray 2, optional Tray 3: 3.94 x 5.83 to 8.5 x 14 in
- Media types: Paper (bond, brochure, colored, glossy, letterhead, photo, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough), postcards, transparencies, labels, envelopes
- Media weight, supported: Tray 1: 16 to 47 lb (up to 58 lb with HP Color laser glossy photo papers); Tray 2, optional Tray 3: 16 to 43 lb (up to 47 lb with postcards, up to 58 lb with HP Color laser glossy photo papers)
- Finished output handling: Sheetfed
Dimension and Weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H): 15.9 x 17.9 x 12.7 in
- Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H): 15.9 x 25.9 x 12.7 in (Without trays and covers extended)
- Weight: 50.1 lb (With toner cartridges)
- Package dimensions (W x D x H): 595 x 495 x 462 mm
- Package weight: 27 kg