HP Color Laserjet Enterprise CP4525n - CC493A
Print high-impact color documents at high-performance speeds. Protect confidential print jobs with on-board and network security. Efficient paper handling, expandable paper capacity and easy controls keep printing on pace with your growing business.
Fast-paced enterprises that need a network-ready laser printer to share across multiple users for rapid, secure color printing.
Top-of-the-line performance for color printing.
Boost your printing productivity with high-performance speeds up to 42 ppm letter/40 ppm A4 and a first page out in as fast as 9.5 seconds.
Improve efficiency and simplify printing—automatically adjust settings according to paper type with HP Advanced Auto Media Sensing and operate the printer with ease, using a 4-line color control panel with auto-navigational help.
Twenty-five years of continuous innovation and reliable, professional-quality printing—HP LaserJet remains the brand businesses count on. Count on HP for award-winning support in laser printers.
Streamline your workgroup's print jobs. Store a large queue of print jobs with 512 MB of memory—expandable up to 1 GB.5 Configure optimal settings across your entire printer fleet with HP Web Jetadmin.
Avoid delays with the HP robust paper-handling ability—a paper capacity of 600 sheets, expandable up to 2100 sheets, meets the needs of your high-volume printing environment and handles large print jobs efficiently.
Produce superior color documents consistently.
Make a high-impact statement with top-of-the-line color documents—advanced color features produce professional-quality, color documents with every print job.
Manage your business’s color printing usage and costs, using award-winning HP color access controls.
Get supplies designed for your high-volume printing environment when you use an optional high-capacity black toner cartridge.
Expand your media options. Print on a range of media types—including everyday and glossy papers—and a wide variety of sizes—A4, letter, labels, envelopes, transparencies and cardstock.
Protect your data with essential security.
Minimize security disruptions and send business-critical data more securely, using robust features such as an IPsec with encryption, network access control with 802.1x and an optional HP Secure Hard Disk.
Expand your security options to the next level, using the Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port. Conveniently connect your security card swipe and HP and third-party authentication devices.
Easily retrieve stored confidential print jobs, using the control panel.
Minimize your environmental impact.
Get up to 50 percent energy savings over competitive laser products, using Instant-on Technology.
Reduce your impact on the environment and use up to 50 percent less paper with two-sided printing.
Reduce packaging waste with pre-installed toner cartridges—no boxes, wrappers or manuals.
Minimize your environmental impact by implementing energy-saving settings across your entire fleet with HP Web Jetadmin.
Get free and easy recycling—cartridges returned through HP Planet Partners are recycled responsibly.
- Print speed black: Normal: Up to 42 ppm
- Print speed color: Normal:Up to 42 ppm
- First page out (ready)
- Black: As fast as 9.5 sec
- Color: As fast as 9.5 sec
- Print quality black (best): Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Print quality color (best): Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4): Up to 120,000 pages
- t or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.)
- Recommended monthly page volume; 2500 to 10,000
- Print technology: Laser
- Processor speed: 800 MHz
- Print languages: HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5, HP postscript level 3 emulation, direct PDF printing v 1.4
- Display: 2.0-in LCD (color graphics)
- HP ePrint capability: No
- Wireless capability: Optional, enabled with purchase of a hardware accessory
- Connectivity, standard
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000T
- 1 EIO
- Connectivity, optional
- HP Secure EIO Hard Disk J8019A
- HP Jetdirect 620n EIO Print Server J7934G
- HP Jetdirect 635n EIO Print Server J7961G
- HP EIO 1284B Parallel Port Adaptor J7972G
- HP Jetdirect 690n EIO 802.11g Wireless Print Server J8007G
- HP ew2500 USB 802.11g Wireless Print Server J8021A
- Network ready: Standard (built-in Gigabit Ethernet)
- Minimum system requirements
- Windows 8, Windows 7 (32-bit): 1 GHz processor, 1 GB RAM, 16 GB available hard disk space
- Windows 7 (64-bit): 1 GHz processor, 2 GB RAM, available 20 GB hard disk space
- Windows Vista: Intel® Pentium® II or Celeron® processor, 512 MB RAM, 220 MB hard disk space, Internet Explorer 7
- Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008: Intel® Pentium® II or Celeron® processor, 256 MB RAM, 220 MB hard disk space, Internet Explorer 6
- for all systems: Adobe Acrobat Reader 5, CD-ROM drive, USB port
- Mac OS X v 10.3, 10.4, 10.5, 10.6: PowerPC G3, G4, G5 or Intel Core processor
- 256 MB RAM
- 160 MB available hard disk space
- CD-ROM drive
- USB port
- Mac OS X v10.6: Intel Core processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 10 GB available hard disk space
- Compatible operating systems
- Windows 8, Windows 7 (x64), Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Home Basic, Windows Vista Premium, Windows Vista, Windows XP Professional x64 (IPv6 only supported on Windows 2003, Windows XP Professional, and Windows XP Home, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Home, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 (32/64 bit), IPsec on IPv4 only on Windows 2003, Windows XP Professional, and Windows XP Home)
Novell NetWare 5.1 or higher
Mac OS X v 10.3, v 10.4, v 10.5, v 10.6
Linux (see hplip.net), Red Hat Linux 7.x or higher, SuSE Linux 8.x or higher
HP-UX 10.20, 11.x, 11.i
Solaris 2.5 or higher (SPARC systems only)
AIX 3.2.5 or higher
Citrix Presentation Server 4.0 and 4.5, Citrix XenApp Server 5.0
Windows 2003 and 2008 Terminal Services
- Paper handling input, standard
- 100-sheet multipurpose tray
- 500-sheet input tray 2
- Paper handling output, standard: 500-sheet output bin
- Output capacity: Up to 500 sheets
- Duplex printing: Manual (driver support provided)
- Media sizes supported: Multipurpose tray: letter, legal, 5 x 8 in, 8.5 x 13 in, statement, executive, postcard, 3 x 5 in, 4 x 6 in; envelopes (No. 9, No. 10, Monarch); 500-sheet input trays: letter, legal, 5 x 8 in, 8.5 x 13 in, statement, executive
- Media sizes, custom: Multipurpose tray: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; 500-sheet input trays: 5.83 x 8.27 to 8.5 x 14 in; optional HP Postcard Media Insert Tray (must be installed in tray 2): 4 x 6 in
- Media types: Paper (plain, light, bond, recycled, mid-weight, heavy, mid-weight glossy, heavy glossy, extra heavy, extra heavy glossy, cardstock, card glossy, preprinted, prepunched, colored, rough); color transparency; labels; letterhead; envelope; opaque film; user-defined
- Media weight, supported: Multipurpose tray: 16 to 58 lb; 500-sheet input trays, automatic two-sided printing unit: 16 to 32 lb plain paper; 28 to 58 lb glossy paper
- Finished output handling: Sheetfed
Dimensions and Weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H): 21.3 x 20.6 x 16.5 in
- Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H); 30.1 x 20.6 x 16.5 in (with all doors and trays fully extended)
- Weight: 84.6 lb (Without print cartridges)
- Package dimensions (W x D x H): 746 x 644 x 549 mm
- Package weight: 44.0 kg